top of page

NY Insurance Continuing Education

If you hold a agent or broker license for property & casualty or life & health, general or life consultant license or a public adjuster license in New York state, you must comply with Section 2132 of the Insurance Law, established by the New York State Legislature in 1992. Both residents and nonresidents must comply. All property & casualty, life and public adjuster licensees are required to obtain 15 credit hours of continuing education each biennial (2 year) licensing period.

The New York State Insurance Department has approved continuing education courses in formats including:

1. Formal classroom course without an examination  
2. Formal classroom course with a monitored examination  
3. Speech or seminar without an examination  
4. Self-study course with a monitored examination 
5. On-line course with a monitored examination

bottom of page